Progetto ESC a Barcellona
Il nostro partner COCAT, l’associazione del volontariato internazionale con la sede a Barcellona che si occupa anche dei campi di volontariato, apre le selezioni per 2 volontari da inserire nel proprio ufficio a partire da Febbraio 2020. Il progetto ESC – European Solidarity Corps (Corpo Europeo di Solidarietà) è stato già approvato e durerà 10 mesi.
ESC IN COCAT
Dove: Barcellona, Catalogna, Spagna
Durata: 10 mesi
Quando: 01/02/2020 – 30/11/2020
The role of the volunteers who will participate in our ESC project will be to support the incoming and outgoing. It means one of the volunteers will be supporting the work that is done to host volunteers (incoming) and the other one will be supporting the work that is done to send volunteers (outgoing). There will be also one national volunteer supporting the work in the A4A/ESC and more intensively the communication and external relation tasks. The volunteers will be promoting international voluntary service producing informative material, participating in informative sessions, updating the web and the social networks and publishing articles and posts in our website. The volunteers will manage administrative tasks and will work in a team in COCAT office.
Each of 2 volunteers will be supporting one of the following areas:
1. Volunteer supporting Incoming area and ESC area
- PREPARATION OF DOCUMENTS TO START THE WORKCAMPS SEASON:
WORKCAMPS PROGRAMME: The first step to start the workcamps season is to prepare a detailed programme with all the information from the local partners (member organisations) to provide to the international partners in the Technical Meeting we annually do with Alliance, our international network.
- INFOSHEETS: Detailed informative document to send to the volunteers that will participate in Catalan workcamps (it includes some general info about COCAT and Catalunya and detailed information about the project, how to get to the meeting point, contact person)
- PLACEMENT: Once all these documents are ready, the registration process starts. It’s time to keep in touch with international organisations to see the volunteers they send and contact with local organisations to see which volunteers they can host. The incoming ESC volunteer will have to deal with visa invitation letters and other documents.
- TRAINING FOR CATALAN VOLUNTEERS IN COCAT INTERNATIONAL WORKCAMPS: COCAT organises several trainings before volunteer’s departure. We expect from the ESC to support this activity with the rest of the team.
- VISITING AND PARTICIPATING IN AN INTERNATIONAL PROJECT: The volunteer will have the opportunity, if he/she wish) to participate in an international project (it could be a workcamp, youth exchange, international training, depending on the availability) if he/she wants to. He/she could also have the opportunity to visit the Catalan workcamps during the summer season with the rest of the team.
At the end of the workcamps season is the time for evaluations. The incoming ESC volunteer will go through the evaluation forms and also will participate in the evaluations meetings to understand and get to know the experiences of the Catalan volunteers in COCAT’s workcamps.
- ANNUAL REPORT: Out of the evaluations from volunteers and from our member organisations, we produce an annual report that shows what has happened in our workcamps during the whole year and a best practices report that highlights the most positive aspects and examples we can promote among our international partners.
2. Volunteer in Outgoing area
- INFORMATION: The first step for a volunteer that wants to go abroad on a workcamp is to be well informed, so the first thing the outgoing ESC volunteer will do is going to be related to this (picking-up the
phone and answer e-mails giving information to volunteers, informative sessions)
- PLACEMENT: The next step is the placement process. The outgoing ESC volunteer will support the registration process by using our database and contacting international organisations.
- TRAININGS: COCAT organises several trainings before volunteer’s departure. We expect from the ESC to support this activity with the rest of the team
- VISITING AND PARTICIPATING IN AN INTERNATIONAL PROJECT: The volunteer will have the opportunity, if he/she whish, to participate in an international project (it could be a workcamp, youth exchange, international training depending on the availability) if he/she wants to. He/she could also have the opportunity to visit the Catalan workcamps during the summer season with the rest of the team.
- EVALUATIONS: At the end of the workcamps season is the time for evaluations. The outgoing ESC volunteer will go through the evaluation forms and also will participate in the evaluations meetings to understand and get to know better the experiences of the volunteers sent by COCAT.
Requirements for ESC volunteers
– Strong motivation for youth voluntary projects;
– Experience in volunteering;
– Good English level;
– Consciousness that the project will have a big administrative part (although in the summer the project gets more dynamic);
Will be positively valued:
– Having participated in a workcamp or in other international youth projects (youth exchanges, trainings);
– Spanish knowledge;
– Will to learn Catalan and ability for foreign languages;
– Experience, interest in communication and social media.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Please take your time to fill in THIS FROM ONLINE
You can answer it in Catalan/Spanish if you feel like you are able to.
We will automatically receive your questionnaire so you don’t need to send it by e-mail.
2. Send your CV to LTV@YAP.IT
Mail subject should be: “ESC COCAT February 2020”
Deadline for applications: 27/10/2019
You might be contacted by phone or skype for a personal interview and you’ll be contacted as soon as possible when we’ll have the final decision.